CIWv5 Foundations Exam today

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by The_Sorrow, Oct 9, 2008.

1. The_Sorrow

The_Sorrow Bit Poster

Hi all, i have my 1DO-510 this afternoon. Whish me luck, I'll post later if i passed or failed. Feel really ready for it though 8)

The_Sorrow

Certifications: A+ CIW Professional
    WIP: CIW Master Designer / Adobe ACE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

How did it go???????????????

Certifications: CIW Professional
  4. The_Sorrow

The_Sorrow Bit Poster

PASSSSSSSSED!!!

Thanks alot Ken and Nelly, yeah did really well, like 80% when converted so im well chuffed :biggrin
    Had a few beers in reading to revel in my own pride and have just got home.
    Going out for dinner with my mum and my mrs for dinner.

Thanks fellas, such a great feeling and thanks for wishing me luck :alc

Sam.

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Yer....it is a good feeling. All that hard work finally paid off hey! When you sober up a bit, perhaps you can give us all an insight on what the exam was like.??? (without giving to much away!!)

Well done mate, happy for you!!!!! Now it gets a little bit more interesting!!!! :biggrin

Certifications: CIW Professional
  7. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

congrats to you!

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. The_Sorrow

The_Sorrow Bit Poster

Sorry for the late reply folks, just been REALLY busy.

Yeah i felt the Foundations were quite easy really, code is faily easy to understand so on that part i flew.
    And that was my problem :]
    In the exam, i did the worst in the internet business questions. I felt i needed to know more on the code
    with the foundations, and i was fine with networking as im A+ certifeid and learnt alot thru mike myers
    and read on networking 3 times over for good measure.

So advice to all those doing CIW foundations, is not to think some parts are more important than others
    because it cost me a few marks in the business section. Still, i passed but i felt i could have done so much better in the business side.

My score:--
    Internet bussines foundations-- 20/30
    Site development foundations-- 29/30
    Network technology foundations-- 23/25

My Result was ---- 72/85

Still not bad but could have been better!
    Another bonus is, i have my first client for a website, its in the design process now ill post the
    link when its all finished. It will be a month or two, feels great knowing all your hard work and late nights study is paying off, by getting paid for it! :]

Now thru the first design methodology book, and you've hit the nail on the head there nelly,
    It certainly has gotten alot more interesting! Even though the Foundations is essential knowlege

----Sam.

10. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hi...yeh congrats mate...hope you go far..as want to..

I'm just about to do the last part of the Foundations course..Networking, then i go on & on & on...to do other stuff...Scripting languages et etc.

But ..yes listening to you about the exam..was interesting, i feel the same with the business side of things, is boring..but i feel it must be there for a reason, so i treated it just the same as other parts.

I feel a bit daunted by acctual coding markup...meaning i'm not exactly totally confident, though i suppose that comes with experience, i know you can use the GUIs to do some structuring, then input what else you know...so anyway well done again.
    :eek:
    MRwhite

WIP: Hoping to gain