CIW Website Design Manager

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by MickyBobs, Apr 25, 2008.

1. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hia, im new to this so ill behave passive if ok.

I read on ere, there are lots who r either currently studying what im doing or have in the past, i would appreciate a chat about it.

Thanx to anyone out there.

M

WIP: Hoping to gain
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Tip..

If you are considering designing web sites, drop the text speak :wink:

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Totally agree there.....if you get into a habit of typing like that, then when it comes to writing content on a web page....you might include a few typo's. No wot i meen??

Glad to help out anyway i can though. Just ask!

Regards,
    Neil

Certifications: CIW Professional
  4. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hi, everyone ill use the queens english ok, for anybody not understanding OWT else.

When your working your nicky off all day your tooo cream 2 not txt type, sorry.Ive already designed a web page for someone, but still got a lot to learn, just getting the time to acctually study is hard, and not to tired.Just dont understand how anybody can finish or complete this course.

5. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Sorry, im very tired.To carry on from my last quote.

I mean i cant understand how anyone can complete the course in 9 months!:blink

6. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

It takes time, enthusiasm, passion, coffee, beer, wine, err......? aha! ...LATE NIGHTS!! and loads of them.
    Its took me a year to pass both my certs, but i have been studying, learning (and not sleeping) for nearly to years.

So....if you really want a career in this "flaming-hard-to-get-into" industry. Then you can be sured that you will get plenty of help here!

Go for it!

Certifications: CIW Professional
  7. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Oh thank m8, i appreciate any feed back, because i feel im trying hard @ this thing but, sometimes feels like a losing battle.I will WIN, so thankyou to any help.

I should of done this in me 20s, but still relatively young, ahem 33ish!

Im only section 1 on part b , at mo, near the end of, but i take this VERY seriously, you need a bit of intel, but mainly:
    PASSION WILINGNESS & DETERMINATION.

I take what you say about it being an hard industry to get in to, but i look at it this way, the world is massive and everything has a web site, correct, so just like your bricklayers & plumbers etc ITS A SKILL, and a sought after one at that.Theres a lot of demand so ill keep plugging, and not to beat me own trumpet, i wont stop @ web design & development, once ive finished this course ill move on, earning a living in the field, whilst progressing also.And maybe just maybe, be one of the innovators of future IT inventions.Sorry to go on, but:p im passionate about this, why bother if not, eh!

8. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

Help supplied from me too if needed, currently studying the same course but somewhat further on than yourself :)

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  9. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hia to nellyp123 & Phoenix Angelique(not a common name)

Anyway thankyou to your good selves, i dont study all time, dont get the chance, something called life gets in the way, i wish i had a remote like in that film "CLICK".

Im currently getting me head round FormMail, a bit japanese but, like most of languages ive learned up to now, i will conquer!

I also read about certain other languages like PERL etc, as a side study, you know @ work or somewhere i can, but im not necassarily near computer.

Just got a sony vaio, other laptop, is losing its legs, so needed a new one.

Anyway im just gonna retrieve me brain cells, after this last lab, and ill carry on studying.

Ps: This course is life and death to me, theres no such option as FAIL, just wish i did it a couple a years back, instead of breaking me back building staging for a living!

Good look!:eek:

10. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

Hiya MickyBobs. I'm doing the Web Design Manager course too. I'm in the last section now, and I'm in a position to study around 4 hours per working day (though I had to have 4 months out in the middle when I was relocating). So, it's taken me about 10 months worth of consistent work. Then there's gonna be revision periods before the exams.

I'll be 49 in a few weeks, btw!

SkillsTrain did try to tell me I could do it all in 9-18 months, so I suppose I'm still on track for the upper estimate on that. So long as it doesn't take more than 3 years, or I'd have to pay extra. It's not quite so life and death for me, as I'm already getting work and went self-employed on 18 June, but I don't like to fail at anything.

The Perl and Javascript sections of the course work aren't very well written, so reading other texts online and offline with those is a good idea. The exercises do help you to see how it works and put it into practice though. FormMail isn't a language btw, but a script written in another language to process mail forms (normally PERL or PHP).

Good luck with it all. Just stick at it and you'll get there.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  11. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

I'll try once again.

Hi to everyone whos replied to my posts, most recently "the cats mother"

Im glad to know your older than me, lol.

W:eek:hat i meant by this course means life and death to me, is that i wish id done something similiar years ago, ive always been into computers & learning, but now i feel like im chasing missed opportunities, if you get my jist, i am currently breaking my back building staging, and work with a photographer, but ive had enough of it, and just want to earn a good living (abroad, if poss)doing something i love.