CIW v5 E-Commerce Designer exam 1D0-525

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by mikel6674, Sep 24, 2007.

1. mikel6674

mikel6674 New Member

hi all,
    Has anyone taken this course/exam or anyone on it?

WIP: CIW Foundations, E commerce
  2. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Hello mike,

I'm now studying for this exam, which i started five days ago. What's up??????:D

Certifications: CIW Professional
  3. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

hello buddy

hows it going ??

are studying full time??
    how long did the other exams take you too pass? how much study??

were they easy

can i do it in 2 months full time ??

cheers God

4. mikel6674

mikel6674 New Member

Im doing with the skillstrain, so no you cant reaaly do it in 2 months, as they take about 4 days to give you your marks on assignments. But i guess it can be done if you read up enough, im hopeful of exam in a couple of weeks. after this im taking the comptia project plus and thats my lot

to be honest this seems a lot easier than the foundations

WIP: CIW Foundations, E commerce
  5. eternalangel

eternalangel Banned

welll good luck with that how long did the foundations and other exams take you to study
    di you find them reasonably easy??

god

6. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Hello god!

I have been using self study material for just over a year now. It took me about three months to pass the foundations exam which i studied for every single night and weekend, as i work full-time.( Not in the I.T industry though)
    It took me nearly four months to pass the site designer exam as i wasn't sure if i was ready. ( Re-scheduled the exam three times). But if i was on it everyday which i wish i could, then i reckon i would have had my master certificate by now?
    One thing i found out is that...you shouldn't rush it, don't read the study modules once and think just because there's nothing more to read that your ready for the exams. Read them again and get to the point when you can hand code Xhtml and css ,ect..without the help of the modules. My personal opinion is that the exams are there for people who are already in the industry, looking for a pay rise and perhaps more responsibilty?
    I treat my certs as a personal accomplishment which give me a bit more confidence to be able to perform well as a web designer. I still go over my study notes/modules and i probably will for long while yet as there is a sh*t load of things to learn.
    So my point and advice is to NOT RUSH IT!
    Learning to become a good web designer will take months if not...years!

Good luck m8

Certifications: CIW Professional