CIW Site Development Associate

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Well, I've been given an opportunity to try out the course and the exam for the CIW Site Development Associate.

I'm not a programmer or web developer, but as this is an entry level exam and I want to develop a different skill set, I've decided to go ahead with it.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

CGI and XHTML are effectively dead, so not the most promising pitch for a course.

Microsoft offer 'Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3', but really certification isn't the best way to learn web dev.

Just go out and do it.

There are countless resources from codeschool, pluralsight, lynda, codecademy, coursera, w3cschools.

CIW cert isn't going to impress anyone, barely worth the trip to the exam centre.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. KalebR

KalebR New Member

CIW Site Development Associate is a certification that validates foundational knowledge and skills in web development. This certification covers key web technologies, such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as web design and development principles. Achieving the CIW Site Development Associate certification demonstrates proficiency in these areas and can improve job prospects in the web development industry. This certification is a valuable starting point for those seeking to enter the web development field or to enhance their existing skills.