ciw providers

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by tippett, Feb 7, 2008.

1. tippett

tippett New Member

can anyone enlighten me on these ciw providers had home learning,skillstrain and computeach just seems a lot of money.anybody had any succes with these or any other provider with getting jobs from any or them

WIP: ciw web designer
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If you use this forums search function you will see various responses about training providers.

8)

3. colcop

colcop New Member

Hi,

Being a "newbie" myself I introduced myself on the new members forum, and asked the same question, one reply gave me a great entry into CIW.

I was considering joining up with Skillstrain (approx £3k), or Computeach (over £4K), however I was pointed to the University of West Scotland, they run the CIW modules at £199 each using distance learning, I'm due to start my course with them on Tues 11th March, and, they include the cost of a single exam sit if you take the exam on-campus.

Unfortunately I live quite a way a way so it makes more financial sense to pay for the exam and sit it locally.

To save costs as well they offer a back to learning incentive where your first module can be fully funded by the University.

I'll let you know how I get on with it, but it does look a good way to get the certification.

Cheers

Certifications: MCP Desktop & Server 2000
    WIP: CIW
  4. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

Glad you got signed up with WOS, colcop. :D. Good luck with it, and let us know how you get on with them. I was happy to pass on the info even though I missed out myself. As it turned out, I relocated and had to take 4 months out of study anyway, so the flexibility of Skillstrain is proving good for me in that respect. I'm flying along again now, almost halfway through.

Here's that link again for tippet: http://ciw.paisley.ac.uk/

(and I've just realised I've confused colcop with someone else who I pointed to WOS some time ago, so apologies for taking credit for that)

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager