CIW Foundation Books

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by spitfirebbmf, Aug 1, 2007.

1. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

Need some help please.

I want to buy the CIW foundation pack from their website as has been recommended on this forum but on the website it states they do not deliver to the UK, they provide a link to UK sellers, now here is the problem of rip off Briton again, the packs in the US are $99 not bad. The guys in the UK are selling them for anywhere from £350 up !!!!!!

So my question is do any of you know where to get them from for a reasonable price ?

Thanks for your help.

WIP: A+
  2. gwtitus

gwtitus New Member

Hi there
    I bought the CIW Foundation Self-Study pack from the web site only 2 weeks ago. At the time I did not see the paragraph stating that they do not ship to the UK (whether it is a very recent addition I don't know).

I just clicked on the 'buy' button on this page http://www.ciwcertified.com/training/selfstudy.asp and registered on the site, entered my card details and was informed that I would recieve an email with shipping details and final costs.

The next day I received said email and I confirmed my order - total cost around £73 including shipping. Study pack arrived about a week later.

Give it a try - they do not make any charges on your card until you have agreed the shipping costs and sent an email confirmation.

Good luck - hopefully they haven't suddenly changed their policy and will supply you direct.

grez

WIP: A+ and CIW Associate
  3. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

I must admit that i didn't notice that when i purchased the site designer course modules three months ago.:blink
    I have just had a look and it does state that they do not ship to the uk. Thats weird. But i did try and purchase the foundation kit....so we will see what happens.I should get an email to confirm my order and have the postage cost agreed on.They better not be doing this as i am gonna be wanting to purchase the e-commerce kit and if they think we are gonna settle for the prices from these other t***'s then their gotta another thing coming.:x

I am gonna contact prosoft and see what they say......??? Keep you posted.

Certifications: CIW Professional
  4. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

Thanks....keep us posted.:D

5. Shaunb

Shaunb New Member

Hi

I have just returned from holiday and noticed your post and I believe you emailed me at UK Open Learning?

We are an official for CIW and we charge a price which reflects our marketing costs, import and deliver charges.

I can assure you we do not make more than 25% profit and I am more that willing to support you to try and get Prosoft to reduce the price of the books which cannot be purchased from them directly in the UK.

The books included the AssesPrep CDs and on-line mentoring for some of our courses and this means we also have to charge VAT.

See my petition
    http://search.petitions.pm.gov.uk/k...lsim?ha=1157&sc=number10&qt=distance+learning

Regards
    Shaun

6. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Hello shaun...shaun bird right?

Please dont take us for a mug fella....why did it cost me only ₤100 (postage included) for the site designer modules only three months ago. 25% profit....now your rubbing our nose in it.

Look...i dont know how your getting away with it or what has happened, but i can assure you i wont be buying from you or any other authorized distributor in this country.

What i am going to do is make a complaint to prosoft and demand that they continue to post to the UK, unless they have a bloody good excuse for doing this. I have just passed my site designer exam (IDO 520) and was going to leave it there, but because of all the good people on this forum persuaded me not to, then i am going to want the e-commerce kit. If you think that i am going to pay you or any other distributor the money you are asking for, well.....sort your prices out and you might get some customers. Dont come onto this forum and try and justifly your pricing.

It would be cheaper if i paid for a flight to the US and picked up the modules from prosoft then pay you lot the asking price.....25%.....dont make us laugth.:x

7. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

Just received this and a copy of my reply.....

Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

I am not sure why you did not expect a response as I do not operate like that!

Firstly we do not buy CIW courses in bulk we pay for the individual kits which include an Assesprep CD Rom and an exam vouchers costing £89.

We also have to charge VAT which is another issue see my petition.

http://search.petitions.pm.gov.uk/k...lsim?ha=1157&sc=number10&qt=distance+learning

We have very high marketing costs which have to be included and our net profit per sale is 25% per course which is very low.

I do however agree with you that the difference in price between the US and the UK is fairly large and I have contact Marjorie Quigley the European Sales Manager about this.

The CIW Foundations costs $199.00 which is the same pack as we sell.

CIW v5 Foundations Self-Study Kit with Prometric Test Voucher

CCSSCCF5PKXPQ602

$199.00

I can assure you that compared to Computeach and other providers our prices are very competitive.

Kind regards

Shaun Bird

Director

REPLY I SENT....

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

£89 + VAT is £104.58 plus your postage say £25 thats being generous total say £130.

You charge £375 thats a difference of £245 which is a lot for marketing and profit mate !!!

STILL A RIP OFF

8. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

I have had another reply what do you think ?

Hi Paul

I have spoken to Marjorie Quigley who is the European sales Director and you can feel free to take the issue up with her

[email protected]

I deeply resent that you are accusing my company of ripping people off as I pay a great deal more for my courses than ComputerPrep charge in the US and my profit is 25% as I stated and I object to being called a liar after years of building a company up and I have a very good name.

If I made £245 per course I would have retired long before now!

Kind regards

Shaun

9. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

And another one he seems to be getting a bit personal now !!!

Hi Marjorie

This potential customer is calling me a liar even though I have explained we do not rip anyone off.

Can you please email him and tell him that I pay a lot more than $199 per course as people like him make me very angry especially as I do not tell lies.

As you are fully aware UK Open Learning has dealt with you for 5 years and have always charged a reasonable price with around 25% net mark up after costs so can you drop him an email and we can see if he calls you a liar as well as I am not happy wasting time on this when I am in the right.

Kind regards

Shaun Bird

Managing Director

10. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Well done for being persistent with this issue. It seems a little odd that it only cost me just over 100 pounds only three months ago.
    I received both the online mentoring ( which i didn't use) and the AssessPrep CD-ROM. There's something not right about this even if he is telling the truth!

All i can say is that... i wont be buying from him or anyone else in this country unless they are offering it at a reasonable price.
    What i will do is search ebay or any other auction sites for the training modules and if i never find them...then i will never become a master designer.....simple as that.

I wont give up that easy though...not when i have already purchased off them.

Speak soon....nelly

11. liza

liza Banned

HI all,
    Updates are available to the customers free of cost.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX training exam.It provide Q & A,Study Guide,Testing Software,Preparation Lab And Audio Exam

Mod Edit SG: Removed link.

12. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Hi Liza. Im a bit confused as to your post. The posters are not talking about UPDATES or practice exams, they are talking about the OFFICIAL CIW course materials. Updates to the materials are not available unless you have already purchased the materials in the first place!!!

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Liza, do you realize this is your THIRD post where you've tried to advertise braindumps? :dry

Time to pull out the old ban stick... :hammert

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!