CIW Coarse Material for 1D0-510 exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by JamieKitsonUK, Dec 7, 2010.

1. JamieKitsonUK

JamieKitsonUK New Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what coarse material to purchase for the CIW 1D0-510 exam? I am trying to expand my knowledge in web design and thought I might as well gain a cert whilst I'm doing it. My main reason for this coarse is to learn (because of this subject being an interest to me), and maybe in the future take this on as a career.

Also...

If anyone has some sort of alternative to "Lynda" for CIW then I would be very grateful :biggrin .

Thanks

****If a similar thread has already been posted then I do apologise****

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    WIP: CIW
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It can be pretty hard to get hold of CIW stuff in the UK - but I wouldn't worry too much as it tends to cover pretty basic networking and site designing. When I say basic - I do mean basic.
    As long as you know the rudiments of HTML and the difference between a switch and a router etc, you should be OK.
    The business fundamentals can be hard to find info on - but as a rule, if you've got an ounce of common you should be OK.

There did used to be a couple of CIW books on Amazon, but I think they were for v4.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD