Citylink - Atrocious Service

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

So I purchased a gift on Amazon for mothers day. Since I subscribe to prime, I get free next day delivery.

Unfortunately, Amazon passed the delivery to citylink. This company are a bloody sham. Last time Amazon shipped with them, they claimed that they had tried to deliver it, and the there was no answer - despite the fact I had been in the flat the whole day.

This time seems odds on favourite for a noshow too. I spoke to Amazon, and apparently Citylink claim no knowledge of the package at all. Despite the fact that their tracking shows that it has been scanned at the collection depot.

I'm bloody furious.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I used to do my nut with them as well with their we carded your house as nobody answered which I replied the delivery address is my brother's newsagents which is open 6am to 10pm. Other examples was we carded your red door (mine is white) and they once delivered to a totally random street in my area and the guy kindly delivered the item to me. Another good one was they couldn't find my address in which I replied you delivered half of my order yesterday so has my street suddenly disappeared. In all fairness I think Citi-Link (I used to substitute Citi with another word) are a franchise business so it depends on your area to how good they are. All I will say is thank god Scan don't use them now.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Unlucky mate.

****tylink are terrible. I had one of their drivers throw his notes at me and storm out saying "I haven't got time for this" after he failed to bring the toners I ordered in and then when I said I would need to go get a trolley lol.

Another time they claimed the gates were all locked and nobody was in when there were 1300 kids and a car park full of cars.

Twats.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

they done 3 no shows for the mother in law's phone said they tried 3 times but only tried once

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

oh yeah they fake deliveries a lot
    even back on 06 when i bought a bunch of IT gear, we were all at a LAN party at my mates house, we were there ALL day with the bell speaker next to us, and we didnt even get an 'attempted to deliver' note, we had to call them, then drive 10 miles to go pick it up
    ****ers the lot of them

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Glad im not the only one who has suffered with citylink. They are crap and i have come to a point that if a company specifies that they use them, then i either phone up and change who they use, or if tey wont budge then i buy the product from elsewhere.

Surely by now delivery companies should be able to give a reasonable time for when they can deliver. Argos recently brought a new washing machine to my place, they told me when it was going to be there, rang me the night before which was a sunday saying they would be there early in the morning, they arrived at 8.30, but rang 20 mins before to make sure i was actually in, amd took my old washer away. That was class service.

UPS arent bad either, if they miss you, then you simply go on the website and arrange a time for stuff to be delivered, royal mail to are also OK with me, though im lucky i live near the depot in case i miss them.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

To be fair to City Link, whether as a direct result of my complaint email, or something else unrelated, I received my parcel at about 10 this morning. It doesn't really change my opinion on the company, as it should have been here yesterday (I pay for that service, after all), but it's worth stating.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just to add another aspect to this - when I had my business I (and suppliers) used a variety of couriers.

Citylink were the best !

TNT were the worst - late (even when timed delievries were paid for), surly drivers etc.

I latterly discovered (from talking to suppliers) there is a wide variance depending on the local depots for ALL courier services.

For me - I'd happily use Citylink as I always had very good service from them and no problems.

Of course, you can't beat DHL or UPS but you really do pay for what they offer !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)