city and guilds

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dave9uk, Sep 9, 2010.

1. dave9uk

dave9uk New Member

HI i have a city and guilds level 2 diploma for it practitioners (ICT SYSTEMS SUPPORT) E-QUALS does anyone know if theses are any good as i dont feel they are reconised thanks davie:)

2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I have go that as well :) they are not the best qualification around but its better then nothing and shows you have learnt some IT skills. When you go for an interview even if the interviewer has not heard of it you can tell them what you learnt on the course etc. and if that is the sort of things required in the job then it will help.

Certifications: A few.
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It is a good basic qualification... But at the end of the day it is a GCSE level course, and won't delve that deep. It does give a good strong base on which to build upon for further experience and education.

This :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Goukha

Goukha New Member

Hi Guy's, first post just thought i would give opinion on this since i have the diploma you are talking about.

I agree with Rob1234 I got mine in 2006ish :D, It's a good place to start off from and you can study or your A+ at the same time. Killing 2 birds with one stone!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  5. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

I did the level 1, couldnt be bothered with level 2 as it seems to just be more of the same and I could spend my time better elsewhere.
    What I would say is if you have not got much practical experience inside a machine (which I hadnt), it is a good way of getting some practice to accompany the A+ - nice to know I had half a dozen different brands of PC to have a go on and a time set aside each week that I could go to college and not be disturbed. While I wouldnt put anyone off doing it, I wouldnt bank on it getting you a job, but as with all adult education, the fact that you have got off your backside and done something never goes against you when job hunting.

Certifications: C&G, A+