Citrix Training Resources

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by TheCake, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TheCake

TheCake Bit Poster

My employer has asked me today what I need to be able to pass my Citrix CCA.

I found the requirements on here:
    http://www.citrix.com/english/ss/education/certversion.asp?contentID=23732

As you may have seen in other topics, to subsidise learning material I like to have either a study course or books etc.

Has anyone experience of using www.citrixexperience.com for training resource?

Course is here: http://www.citrixxperience.com/study/1Y0-256.php

Many thanks,

Simon :blink

Certifications: NSE, MOUS
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE, CCA
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

As far as I am aware you should be able to get hold of a copy of Citrix for trial use
    throw that up on a VMWare server or two and you can play with all the intricacies of citrix farms from a real perspective (as real as your gonna get at home)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. ajs1976

ajs1976 Byte Poster

The best resources are the admin guides and the course book. The admin guides can be downloaded from Citrix.com or can be found on the installation CD. The course books can be purchased from a CALC (Citrix training partner). When I had some purchased a few years ago, they were around $300 each.

I have never used Citrixxperience, but I am going to look into them when I start preparing for the PS 4.5 exam or the Access Gateway exam.

Do you have any experience with Citrix or Terminal server? How is a background in Windows Server 2003?

The 256 exam covers PS 4.0. The 259 exam covers PS 4.5.

Certifications: MCSE, CCEA, Sec+, L+, N+
    WIP: 2008, CAG, or CCENT (not sure)