Citrix PS4 and specific user logon rights

Discussion in 'Networks' started by dales, Sep 29, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi All,

I've got an issue with one server in our farm for one user, its just that the whilst I resolve the issue I would quite like to disable his access to logon to that one server. Is this possible to remove his access to one server in the farm without altering anybody elses access.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I wonder if disabling the local user account that citrix creates will do the job for that one server!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Just did a quick google search for you and could not find any specific answers.

If I have sometime later, will do a bit of digging around for you.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

thanks for that, generally I googled around for ages for it but couldnt really think of a decent way of entering search keywords for it. Still I think if I disable the local account it proberbly wont stop citrix gateway assigning that server to the user and only when the user tries to run a published app they would get access denied.

5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

This would depend on how your Citrix farm and or AD infrastructure is designed.

Normally once a user is removed from the Citrix access group then that's it and can't access the system thereafter.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

We dont use AD here, and I only really want the user not to be able to access one server in the farm, so perhaps if look at the gateway server there might be a way from there.