Citrix Certification - Time to bite the bullet!

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by mattwest, Jul 19, 2006.

1. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

I was planning on sitting the Citrix Presentation Server 4 exam for the CCA in September but in a moment of madness i booked it for the 4th August. 2 Weeks away.....

Mmmmmm no social life for me for two weeks then!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :twisted:

At least if i get it done its out of the way and i can spend the rest of the summer drinking!!

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well you are on a roll mate, might have to start calling you green line Matt. One of the instructors at my old IT training company was known as green line john, because he could pass just about any IT cert he chose just by spending two hours reading through the MOC :blink Clever cloggs had what I would describe as a photographic memory. I only wish I found studying so quick and easy :wink:

Good luck Matt, I am sure you will green line it 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Good Luck! :biggrin

4. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

I wish it was like that!

My supervisor where i work just turns up and says, i think i better do one of these CCNP exams soon (so i'm thinking 2 or 3 months study) and then he books the exam for next week!!

I think he must use his home time to "study" and get away from the wife and kids! :twisted:

The way i go about a particular cert is to read the book (or course book), makes notes from the text and questions, then find another source of questions (question books, practive exams etc etc) and do those and take notes from those. Obviously play with the product, get used to the interface what does what and then just read and read those notes of key info the week b4 the exam.

Then fingers crossed you pass.....:)

I've failed 2 in the past, one for a CIW cert and one for an MCSA cert both due to lack of prep on my part basically... so thats why i'm studying hard for this one.

To be honest i dont do alot at home, mainly play with the product at work, read during my lunch break and on the bus!

Fun!

??

:ohmy

8)

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  5. DarbyWeaver

DarbyWeaver Bit Poster

Hmmm...

I've got a boatlaod of certs over the past 10 or so years since I started and some say I have a photographic memory.

I have passed 5 Cisco exams in one day but still failed the CCIE RS Lab 3 times so far? Is the 4th the charm?

I do have to commit to study.

I'll tell you having a good job with the technology helps me, having a home lab that rivals many multi-million or even billion dollar companies helps me immensely, and finally all those damn practice exams from transcender, boson, preplogic, etc. I do have a library of at least $30,000.00 too or so - at least cover value.

You read what is right, what is wrong and why and sooner or later a monkey can pass.

So...

It is all a matter of time and persistence.

Certifications: CCNP CCDP CCSP CCVP CCNP-Wireless
    WIP: CCIE RS/Wireless