CITRIX and windows explorer

Discussion in 'Networks' started by dales, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

I have just published windows explorer to our extranet (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -E driveletter:\). But dows anyone know if there is a way to grant access to network drives but not local. I.E. i would like a way to remove access to the C: drive if possible, through the citrix interface. We are not part of a domain but run Novell Netware 6.5, citrix obviously being hosted on win 2k3 pc's.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. stealer

stealer Bit Poster

Do you mean you've published Internet Explorer so it may be run within Citrix? And you want to stop people typing "c:\" within the address bar and accessing the loca "c:\" of the server?

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: Undecided
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I believe you can restrict the c: drive via the users profile on the local drive in their local documents and settings profile. To be honest I think most users would try to save to the desktop or their assigned network drive.

Obviously, to a large extent this would depend on how your Citrix farm is designed i.e. is there an otption for the users to select full desktop or do they just see and access the required app.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

True, we have published iexplorer with the -e switch so that it switches to the windows explorer view, as if you actually used the explorer.exe then it would initially give the user a desktop which we dont want.

essentially we want to hide the A,C and D drives from the drop down list. I have found a item for it in LGPO its a bit hamfisted for what I wanted but I shall test it and see how we go!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing