CISSP - Motivation

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by waynewonder, Nov 5, 2015.

1. waynewonder

waynewonder New Member

really want to move my career full time into Info Sec as only say I've been doing it 50% of my career.

The stumbling block is whether to go for the Cissp 1st as I think I'd have 4 domains pretty much covered or maybe go for a Sscp but all jobs these days are either Cissp or Cism

What to do? Also getting the motivation to read a 1000 page book is proving really hard once i get home from work

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

They are quite different exams CISSP is management focused and SSCP is technical so the first question is which direction do you want to go in?

Job wise CISSP all day no one will mention SSCP however don't take that as meaning the SSCP is no good and not worth doing.

Certifications: A few.
  3. waynewonder

waynewonder New Member

I definitely don't want to be on the operational side as in a analyst etc I've done my stint on the tech side. If i was to stay in the tech side I'd like to do forensics like the Chfi cert butrisk management, auditing etc is where I want to be.

Yeah as I'm self studying don't really wanna waste money by doing the sscp( no disrespect to anyone who has it) the Cissp is a proper HR cert now it's everywhere so looks like I might have to get it

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA