CISCO

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by decebal, Jul 11, 2008.

1. decebal

decebal Bit Poster

I want to do this course but I don`t know what qualifications I need to start this training.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE/MCSA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Cisco is a vendor (of hardware and certifications based on that hardware), not a certification/course.

Which one do you mean?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Have you tried Cisco's own website, see here. If you do not have any experience in IT (networking in specific) I would only say look into the CCNET for now.

Please note what Cisco has to say about the candidates for the CCNET

But I would strongly recommend the Comptia Newtork+ first of all to give a very good basis on which to build.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

There are no prerequisites but i would suggest your network+ WIP will be useful.

I suggest that depending upon your experience do CCENT first then CCNA, also working in IT with as much relevance to the course (IE using Cisco kit daily) would be useful

Best of luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I'm not trying to pass judgement, but from the post it would seem you haven't looked deep enough into Cisco and what they offer. Taking any Cisco course without having prior networking experience can have a drowning feeling. :ohmy

Take the prior-given advice if you don't have much networking experience behind you.