Cisco PIX 501 issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcook21782, Dec 5, 2005.

1. jcook21782

jcook21782 New Member

OK I have recently been given a CISCO PIX 501... The previous owner has not used it in a very long time and does not know what it's settings are... Like the static IP it is set to.... I do not know the user name and password to log into it and from my understading there is no reset button.... How can I reset the box to it's factory defaults....

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I did a quick Google search and came up with this set of results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reset+factory+defaults+CISCO+PIX+501&btnG=Google+Search

The first resultl, a pdf file looks promising. Don't use the Experts-Exchange link unless you want to pay for the answer. Hope this helps.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. jcook21782

jcook21782 New Member

Unfortunately I have already tried the search engines.... The PDF does not give me any direct answers and I tried to find an answer at expert-exchange until I realized I had to pay for it...

Basically the PDF told me that inorder to reset the device I have to log in to it... Since I do not have the Log In info I am stuck between a rock and a hard place...

I found information on how to reset the password, but since I do not know the static IP of the device I can not send it any commands...

Do see my perdicament????

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Trip if you scroll down you can see the answers on Experts Exchange and they provide links which may help. IMHO, I think it might be worth the scroll :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

On a side-note - I happen to know someone very close to the company who used to register their domain name (before the hyphen). That person and his workmates found it extremely funny when you looked at their domain name as you would enter the url ......:tune

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ha never noticed that before Gav, it is pretty funny :twisted:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. jcook21782

jcook21782 New Member

OK so what if I do not have the console cable or adapter... Plus I do not know the IP Addresse of the device... I do know that it was set to a static IP.... Don't I need to know the IP address in order to get into it....