Cisco phones not registering with CUCM but CIPC is?

Discussion in 'Voice' started by ejeangilles, Apr 1, 2013.

1. ejeangilles

ejeangilles New Member

I have a problem with my Cisco 7961 phones not registering on my CUCM 8.6 install on ESXi 5. Weird because I have Cisco IP communicator phones that register with no problem. You guys know what I can be missing. I have restarted the CUCM and services multiple times. The phone log on my phones say it can't find dhcp and DNS unknown host but my CUCM is configured by IP address. I also attached some screenshots. Help me out here guys...

Attached Files:

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Network based issue!?! What switch are you connecting too? I had an issue setting up a Cisco IP Phone a while back, eventually found the problem and it was due to it being an older switch than all the others I had installed and meant I had to set the port up as a trunk port to get it to register and work!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. ejeangilles

ejeangilles New Member

Man. I feel so stupid. The dhcp monitoring service wasn't even turned on. My advice is to learn to take a break after long hours of labs.