Cisco mulls adding verbal interview to CCIE exams

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cisco mulls adding verbal interview to CCIE exams

Cisco is considering introducing a verbal interview portion to its CCIE lab exams across the world. Cisco confirmed that it is running a pilot in its exam lab in Beijing, China that involves candidates taking a 10-minute verbal interview as part of their lab exam. Cisco said that if the pilot is successful, the interview could be introduced as a requirement for CCIE Routing & Switching candidates worldwide. The company has been running the pilot since August.

The pilot first came to light in the Internetwork Expert's CCIE blog and readers have been speculating as to whether this is part of Cisco's battle to stamp out exam cheating and so-called hired gunmen and braindumps. Fred Weiller, director of marketing at Learning@Cisco said the pilot is another method to assess a candidate's skills level and to "guage if the candidate has the verbal ability to explain and answer technical questions and interface with others on problems," he said.

Read the whole article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Sparky
      Sparky
      Good idea, just hope the questions asked in the verbal interview don’t slip out onto the tinternet.