Cisco Lab

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Fluid, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi i saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cisco-CCNA-ro...ryZ73321QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And i want your opinion on it? Would this be good for a beginner to start off making his own Cisco Lab? I Start my CISCO course at the end of September 2007, are these euqipment suitable? will i need anymore? I will be doing ccna 1,2,3,4 the whole lot! Are they outdated? Would i also be able to connect my netgear router to it to make a wireless connection?

Thanks!

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

How much IT experience and Cisco experience do you currently have?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

I have around 3-4 years IT expeiance behind me started very very young but honestly? 0 cisco experiance!

4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Fluid,

When you mention "ccna 1,2,3,4" are you talking about the Cisco Networking Academy Program?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Yes he would be.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Yes i am! Ill be doing the course at a local college but have to pay 550 pounsd for it :( :ohmy

7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Don't like the switch. The guy is being a little too coy about the switch, not supplying enough information. Suggest you email him and find out more about it. If possible, ask him to email you the output from a show ver.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

ahh ok, well will you be able to find a decent one on ebay for me if thats ok? I havent got the foggiset which ones to get! Any help would be appereciated! Thank you

9. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Fluid,

Since Cisco has announced a change to the CCNA that will take effect August 1, 2007 you might want to wait to talk to your Cisco Networking Academy Program (CNAP) instructor about equipment. If you can find out who your instructor will be and how to contact him or her now for equipment advice, more power to you. I'm concerned that you may enthusiastically and pre-emptively obtain the incorrect equipment for the CNAP tasks.

Source:
    1. CCNA-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  10. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

thanks! As soon as i get home from work ill phone my teacher :)