Cisco IT Essentials 2

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by MrNerdy, Jun 30, 2007.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Has anyone one done IT2?
    If so any good links to it at all or views on it??

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Yep.

It teaches you about servers and OS'es, providing a decent introduction to Linux.

Depending on your skill level it can be worthwhile.

8)

3. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

MrNerdy,

I personally have not taken the IT2 course. However, here's the official Cisco webpage for the "IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems" course.

Source:
    1. IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems-Course Catalog - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/IT2.html

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  4. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

is the IT essentials for life or every 3 years?

5. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Fluid,

IT Essentials is a course that is taught at a Cisco Networking Academy. It is not a Cisco certification exam. It will not lead to Cisco certification. Therefore to directly answer your question, it will be for life as part of your education so it will not expire in 3 years. :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  6. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Well they do this course at my local college, but do you get a cert saying you have accomplished this course? is it worth doing it just to learn abit more and add something new to my CV? So your saying there is no exam for this course?

7. laup

laup Byte Poster

the IT Essesntials 2 course basicly covers enough of the objectives to take the CompTIA Server+ exam.

It introduces u to linux and servers aswell as other Network Operating Systems.

You do however recieve a certificate from your academy saying u completed the final exam aswell as all the modules.

I did it in 6 days, those that are technicly minded 2 weeks, fairplay give yaself that much time. Piece of piss really :biggrin

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  8. universegr

universegr New Member

how many questions are included in IT Essentials I & II exams? I have heard that the whole proccess is about an hour. is that true?

9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

It may be worthwhile starting your own thread as the last reply before yours is over a year ago. Also maybe post an intro here :wink:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009