1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cisco IT Essentials 1....?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Edd, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Edd

Edd New Member

Im really trying to gain people's opinion of Cisco IT essentials 1, i have just passed my course this evening after 5 month's with a score of 89.3% , but reading from the course material they say this is more of a precursor to help you to pass the Comptia A+. which in the original college prospectus they said they would be running the A+ ,but when i attended the open day they said they would be running the Cisco ( IT Essentials 1 )course instead which they stated is the same course but in name only. I am know looking to take the Cisco IT Essentials 2 which is again meant to mirror the Compti N+ course.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Passing the Cisco essentials courses won't qualify you with an A+, that is a different qualification entirely. Not that Cisco's courses are any less than an A+ but they are most certainly not the same thing from what I've read about them. From what you are saying your college is perhaps giving somewhat misleading information which I would take up with your tutor to be honest.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

IT Essentials 2 is closer to the Server+ course than the Network+.

I have done both courses, found them to be very worthwhile. Had they not been part of my foundation degree tho I would probably have just bought a book and given them a miss. 8)

4. laup

laup Byte Poster

IT Essentials 2 is based towards goin for Server+ or Linux+.

Network+ CCNA Semester 1 would be a good start.

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>