CISCO IT ESSENTIALS 1 & 2

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by universegr, Sep 15, 2008.

1. universegr

universegr New Member

Does anyone know how many questions are included in IT Essentials I & II exams? I have heard that the whole proccess is about an hour. is that true?

thanks in advanced

2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

universegr,

Do you know that IT Essentials I and IT Essentials II are courses and not exams?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. universegr

universegr New Member

r.h.lee,

sure i know that are courses. Each of these courses doesn't have exams at the end as a proof of the taughted knowledge?

4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

universegr,

Are you possibly trying to challenge the courses by examination so you'll get credit for those academic courses towards an academic goal?

5. universegr

universegr New Member

r.h.lee,

I am trying to understand if these courses at the end require to sit for exams as I have head so. Such as CCNA for instance.

6. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

universegr,

I have never taken the Cisco IT Essentials I or Cisco IT Essentials II courses but I have taken the courses for the CCNA curriculum as well as the Fundamentals of Wireless LANs course. For the Cisco Networking Academy courses that I have taken there were final examinations but only for the course. Passing the course doesn't mean you're certified. To be certified, you have to take the official exam at a Vue testing center.

7. universegr

universegr New Member

That's what I mean. The official exams at a Vue testing center.

cheers r.h.lee even thought you couldn't help me.

somebody who have taken these exams might help me to these questions...:blink

8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I haven't done these courses either, but I would have thought your tutor on the course should be able to answer the question.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

universegr,

The IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software version 4.0 course is related towards CompTIA A+ certification. The IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems version 4.0 course is related towards the CompTIA Server+ certification. By completing the IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems version 4.0 course and the Fundamentals of UNIX course is related towards the CompTIA Linux+ certification. You can take a CompTIA certification exam at both Prometric and Vue testing centers.

Your questions about the "CISCO IT ESSENTIALS 1 & 2" in your thread title was confusing because they're Cisco Networking Academy courses which have end of course examinations within the course but your statement " I have heard that the whole proccess is about an hour." seemed to suggest that you were in a hurry for some reason.

So are you asking about the CompTIA A+ certification, CompTIA Server+ certification, or the CompTIA Linux+ certification exams?

Source:
    1. IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software version 4.0 course - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/downloads/pdf/ITEssentialsDS.pdf
    2. IT Essentials II: Network Operating Systems version 4.0 course - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/downloads/pdf/ITE2ds.pdf

10. universegr

universegr New Member

r.h.lee,

I am asking mostly about CISCO IT ESSENTIALS I, which is either supported by CompTIA (A+ certification) or EUCIP (represented through ECDL in some countries). These are what CISCO informed me but they actually didn't know the amount of questions.

11. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

universegr,

The "CISCO IT ESSENTIALS I" course may be approved by CompTIA but it's a Cisco course. The CompTIA A+ certification exams and program are owned by CompTIA not Cisco. So that's why Cisco doesn't know how many questions since CompTIA is the organization that writes the questions for the A+ certification exams. That's why even Cisco doesn't know. So if you're interested in the "CISCO IT ESSENTIALS I" course, then you should ask those questions in this thread. If you're interested in CompTIA A+ certification exams and certifications, ask your questions on the A+ board at the following link: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/forum29.html . I wish you luck in your endevours to become IT certified. Welcome to CertForums! :)

12. mentman

mentman Bit Poster

yer i have done the ite1. We had a end of course test, about 50 questions. This dose NOT get you a certification from cisco like you would get if you take a ccna ect, and you take the exam online with what ever college you did the course with. Vue dont offer this exam as a valid cisco cert. Its prep for your A+, and that is a valid cert!

Al

Certifications: CCNA, CCENT, ITE, 642-812 BCMSN
    WIP: 642-901 BCSI