Cisco Cyber Ops Scholarship

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Just took the application test and hit 80%. Pass mark is 75% so I assume I move onto the final stage.

Has anyone else applied or taken the course? I have a subscription to Safari Books so I will probably watch the first course and then read the official press before the course starts. (Think its a suggested start date of 28 December).

Meant to be a 4 month course for both Exams, but if I can get a head start, hoping I can have it done within 3 months.

2. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

I got 83% so waiting for the final stage. Not sure what the final stage is yet, but guess will wait to hear back.

Certifications: 271
    Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Jaron78

Cool. Best of Luck. Ate you going for the 28th Dec date?

4. thetokyoproject

Well done fella :) I've filled out the 3rd section and am awaiting to hear back. I've gone for the 28th too, but means I will need to halt my other studies if I get in as I don't think I'm very good at studying for multiple certs.

Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

Me too. Put CCNA on hold so I can do the Cyber Ops first.

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

so are u defo in then? not sure how it works.. do you basically get free cert training?

7. Jaron78

In essence yes mate. You get access to the forums, training material and access to instructor lead classes. They also provide Vouchers for the exams.

I'm 99.9% sure I am In, just waiting on the confirmation email. Soon as I get that, I will hit Safari Books for the online course and ready in time for the actual course to start.

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thats great mate, glad you got through.. what about the CCENT though? Also do you know if CompTIA does stuff like this?

9. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

The government need more pentesters to get involved in cyber warfare. Can't really see how comptia would be relevant.

10. Jaron78

Well, work have setup some sort of apprenticeship scheme via the government with Learn Direct. It's kinds of like learning on the job.

I've applied for the Network Engineer which include CCNA (ICND 1+ 2, Sec+ and CCNA Sec). I've been told I have been selected, just need to work out the training plan now.

11. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congratulations @Jaron78 , I'm sure you'll learn a lot. Hopefully you can chuck a few discussions into the Cisco area on what you're studying and anything cool you come across on your travels

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  12. Jaron78

Cheers Jim. Really looking forward to it. Will keep everyone updated on how it's going. Going to hit Safari Books before the course so I have a head start.

JK2447 likes this.
  13. thetokyoproject

Wow, congrats. that's so much going on for you these coming months. Good luck! I'm nervous about completing just the cyber ops ones in 4 months. I hope I can extend this if I need more time as sometimes I need to restudy certain areas that I have difficulty with.

Jaron78 likes this.
  14. thetokyoproject

Also, when you pass your Cyber ops then officially you will have the CCNA - was the plan to do a CCNP afterwards?

15. Jaron78

I'm really not sure in all honesty.

I think it depends on how interesting I find the course. I'm torn between Network Ops and Cyber Sec.

Will complete Cyber Ops then straight I to the Network Ops apprentice scheme through work and see what I enjoy most I think mate.

thetokyoproject likes this.
  16. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Signed up for this and just taken the test, passed with 90% but when looking through the answers most of the ones I got 'wrong' were showing different selected answers to the ones I gave!

17. Jaron78

Contact the support mate. There has been reports of that. As you scroll through, answers get changed.

18. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Not fussed as still passed easily enough, just funny really. Also had one or two questions with some dubious answers :p

Thought it'd be interested to give it a try though, can't complain at the price :)

Jaron78 likes this.