Cisco CCNA Final Exam Questions

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by ashm, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ashm

ashm New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been doing the Cisco Networking Academy at University. I have done the CCNA Semesters 1-4 and completed the Voucher exam a few days ago.

I wanted to ask a few questions before I book the CCNA exam.

In my Cisco Networking Academy profile I get the options of requesting 3 vouchers, CCNA, ICND & INTRO. I was wondering what the difference is between each of these exams? :unsure

I'm guessing I just need to take the CCNA exam with the 640-801 code?

Also I was wondering what the actual exams are like. Is it similar to how I have been doing my semester final exams which are the online tests on the computers and the skills test for the practical stuff? Is it all done in one go?

Can anyone give a break down of what you do in the exam?

I'd be most grateful if anyone could give me a few answers, as my lecturers at University don't seem to be too clued up about the final exams. :rolleyes:

WIP: CCNA
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

There are two ways to become an CCNA:
    A: Take one exam, CCNA (640-801)
    or
    B: Take two exams, INTRO and ICND (640-821 and 640-811)

The final exam is a mix of several types of questions. Most of them are MCSA (Multiple Choice Single Answer) but you will also find MCMA questions. You will find minisimulations there, I also got "fill in the blancs" types.
    Most important tip: You can not go back on your answer. Once you clicked on 'next' the answer is taken. No changing after that.
    The exam is hard, but doable. I had more then enough time, but I did mine 5 years ago (and forgot to renew:cry: ). Not sure on the time now. Passing score was over 80 %.

HTH

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

I would suggest doing it as one exam, as you would have to fork out for two seperate exams.

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
  4. ashm

ashm New Member

Thanks for the replies. :biggrin

I think I'll take the single CCNA exam.

Is there any part of the exam that is hands on with the equipment or is it just questions? And are they on computer or is it written?

Cheers

5. Tinus1959

Computerbased with simulations.

6. Iceberg

Iceberg New Member

I think doing it in 1 or 2 exams depends on how strong you understood the ICND part of the course.
    First time I took that exam I did it in 1, got a score of 837 (hence failed since passing is 849). It had taken lots of studies (that was a couple of years ago) so I preferred re-taking it in separate exams and aced both. So, it depends on how you prefer to focus as per your own studies.
    You should also keep in mind that Cisco is changing their CCNA into ICND 1 and 2, I don't know exactly yet the change in the content. The deadline as per their website is 6th of November, that should give you enough time to pass it :-)
    In 640-801 you'll get 3 to 4 simulations, it's advised not to spend more than 10 minutes on each as you'll just drain your exam time.
    640-821 gives you 2 hours for 55-65 questions and 1-3 simulations (which are very easy)
    For 640-811 you get 90 minutes, 45-55 questions and 1-2 simulations (which aren't very easy compared to the CCNA course level).

Good luck :-)

Certifications: MCSA +S, Sec+, CCNA, CCSP
    WIP: MCSE, CEH, CHFI, LPT
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Careful, Iceberg... Cisco doesn't allow you to state the passing score or the number of simulations you received...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. jackson

jackson New Member

Hi Ashm,

Please go to this Cisco Official "Exam Interface Tutorial" site and familiar with it.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/testing/simulation/tutorial.html

Some hints for taking the exam.

1 dont panic if you met a question which you think is out of your level as there is/are no-score question(s).

2 As you cannot go back for the previous question, unless you cocksure the mouse is OK, use the right slide bar to slide down to the page bottom(if the window is not enough to show the whole page);the "more" and the "Next" botton are at the same right hand bottom position. (I've been tripped once, I want to click "More" but double click "Next" and miss one question.)

For "Router Simulation" questions:

1 Dont use more than 10 min for one Simulation question, partial marks will be granted for similation questions.

2 Before configuration, "sh run" first to have a brief idea of the setting.

3 Abbreviation is OK as if it is a real router, e.g. "conf t" and "config term" are accepted as if "configure terminal"

4 In order to fulfill the task, more than one router might be needed to config.

5 To check the result of your setting by "sh run".

6 "copy run start" to confirm your configuration before you click "Next".(Someone says that the machine will look at the running config to score you, but I prefer to put it also to start-up config, it do no harm, dont play risk)

7 The icon "Show/Hide Topology" is at the left bottom corner, it torgle the display between "Topology window" and "CLI of the router" (As I know, some candidates didnt know how to get back to Topology window once in the CLI of the router)

Wish that may help !

9. BosonMichael

Actually, there can be no-score questions, but there aren't always.

All the other advice is solid... I would also recommend knowing how to use question-mark context-sensitive help in case you need to search for a command to get yourself out of a jam. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  10. Tinus1959

I found this on the Cisco site:

Exam Scoring
    Passing scores are set by using statistical analysis and are subject to change. At the completion of the exam, candidates receive a score report along with a score breakout by exam section and the passing score for the given exam. Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because exam questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice.

11. sateesh

sateesh New Member

can i get all the cisco exam papers plzz mail to *deleted by Bluerinse*

12. BosonMichael

Ummm... no.

13. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

That was funny... :rolleyes: :dry

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sateesh, this is your first post on this forum and you have asked us to help you cheet. Had you taken the time to read our site's 'terms and conditions', you would know that we do not, as a community, support the use of braindumps or other methods of circumventing proper study.

Any further breaches of our rules will be followed by disciplinary action, possibly even banning your account for good. So please, feel free to use this forum for what it is intended for, but desist with immediate effect your requests for actual exam content. It is, as i'm sure your aware, underhand, dishonest and illegal.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

But when you learnt all the stuff and know it good.
    Why not use pass4sure of braindumps than? The exam is very expensive.... (I never did it myself btw)

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Because it's immoral, unethical and despicable. Also, as has been pointed out before here, the use of braindump material is cheating, and devalues the certification in the eyes of employers.

It is akin to stealing the answers to your exams at uni off your professors desk.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)