cisco CCM6 on vmware

Discussion in 'Voice' started by perfect, Jul 7, 2009.

1. perfect

perfect New Member

Hi guys, I've been trying to run CCM6 on vmware for many days but I'm stuck at the following step:I have finished the installation but I'm stuck on the black screen. I don't know how to have access to the admin console.
    I gave the ip address 192.168.100.10 to the CCM6 and when i type in the browser https://192.168.100.10/ccmadmin , it doesn't work.
    Please I need your help if someone has already tried succesfully before.
    Thanks

2. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

Describe how you set up the virtual machine, which settings you chose.

Personally, I installed CUCM 6.1 on VMware many times, all was ok.

3. perfect

perfect New Member

Thanks Tieken for your reply but i don't remenber exactly the settings i chose because i'm not on my computer right now. is there any particular settings for vmware i have to choose in order to have access to the admin console of CCM6? if yes can you let me know about it ?

4. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

I don't remember my exact settings as well and too lazy to install it again :)

But as far as I remember, I had to choose virtual machine for Linux RedHat Enterprise 3.x, not just Linux. Then, I allocated as much memory as possible (ideally 2 Gb, but 1,5 Gb was ok) and 80 Gb hard disk space. After setup finishes and the CUCM reboots, one can reduce memory to 512 Mb, it works fine.

One more important point. On my server there were two ethernet interfaces and i didn't notice at first that vmware took just one interface for its work and the interface was not connected to a switch, so it was effectively down. Naturally, CUCM discovered its interface was disabled and wouldn't normally start. At the same time, I connected to the host server normally through another interface so I could not get what the hell CUCM could not start :)

I presume, of course, that the distributive of CUCM you used is ok.

5. perfect

perfect New Member

Actually i don't have probleme with my installation. My installation is completed successfully, also i did check the different ethernet interfaces of the Vmware and there are up.I'm not using a network with a switch but just one pc. The browser i used is the IE of the host which is MS vista.
    I still not able to see where is the probleme.

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

This is a total guess but have you tried adding the URL to the safe sites in IE? Also do you need Java installed?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

Neither did I, my installation was ok as well. Simply CUCM after it started was not reachable because the virtual machine was linked to the first physical ethernet interface (VM was set up to bridge the interface, i.e. have a direct access to it) on the host server whereas the server itself was connected to the network (no matter, to the network or a computer) by its second interface. As result, I could not reach the VM from my computer, even if CUCM normally started. I just replugged the cable to the fisrt interface and then all was ok. It may seem a trivial mistake but that was the reason why I could not reach my CUCM :)

Plus a good idea is to check settings of IE on your Vista, as Sparky wisely advised.

8. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

A silly question I should have asked in the very beginning - can you ping the CUCM at all? If yes, can you reach it at this link? https://192.168.100.10 - you must see the start page with a bunch of links leading to OS administrator page, CUCM adminstrator page and so on.

9. perfect

perfect New Member

I checked the IE safe sites and everything is ok. I'm able to ping 192.168.100.10 but when i type that address in the browser, i see nothing.