Cisco Callmanager 4.1

Discussion in 'Voice' started by michael78, Jun 26, 2009.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I've been asked to help out with administration of Callmanager and can't even work out how to move an extension number from one hunt group to another :oops:. Does anyone know of any easy to understand online guides on general administration of callmanager (The Cisco ones you need a degree to understand them). There is also a Cisco book HERE that looks good but doesn't seem to be much on Cisco CM which is suprising.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm currently writing CCNA Voice, so I'm just learning all that stuff myself. I'm using the Cisco Press CCNA Voice book... not sure if CM 4.1 is similar to the recent versions of UCM and CME that are covered in the book.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Tieken

Tieken Bit Poster

There are no such guides which is why callmanager administrators seem to earn more than data engineers ;-) Unfortunately, there is no such a thing as the king's road to the understanding of how CUCM works. If you need fundamental knowledge of CUCM, you possibly need to thouroughly read Cisco Call Manager Fundamentals: A Cisco AVVID Solution (Cisco Core). The guide you mentioned looks like a cookbook rather than a fundamental guide.

Frankly, I'm not sure I understand you difficulties - as long as you have the very idea of what a hunt group is, for instance, all you need is just callmanager docs available on the Cisco site or on the Callmanager server itself.

4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Michael/Tieken, thanks for the replies. I managed to sort it with only a little hair loss. I could find how to edit the extensions linked to the hunt group but that because I wasn't using the internal number to search with. Once I found this I was ok. I might have a look at the book you mention Tieken I just found the online docs hard to follow for troubleshooting my issue (which is down to lack of knowledge).

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. oush

oush Byte Poster

6. surfthegecko

surfthegecko Bit Poster

I know you have figured it out now, but just in case you have found a long winded way of doing it, this is the steps I would use (off top of my head).

Select Route Plan --> Route Plan Report
    Search for the hunt group extension
    Click the Line-Group on the far right hand side of the screen

This will take you into the line group, and from there you can search (based on the partitions) for your extensions and add them accordingly.

You could also replace the Route PLan step with the "hunt pilot" section within the main Route Plan menu, but I cant for the life of me remember the menu name off the top of my head right now.