1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cisco 877 modem interface status ?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by kobem, Dec 1, 2010.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

hey, i have a few things that needs to be clarified. I know about network layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3 error causes but in real life, you encounter so many different things. Moreover, if case is the serial interface,
    i can count the possible issues such as DCE or clocking problem, encapsulation problem, NIC problem etc for
    interface status "up" , line protocol "down" and cable problem, device is off, for "down", "down"

However, i wanna ask about Cisco 877 modem connected through fastethernet interfaces to the Cisco
    1131 WAPs. If we mention fasthethernet what should i think about

1) fastethernet is up , line protocol is down ? and 2) fastethernet is down, line protocol is down?

for the first, is there any WAPs currently connected? Or , once it was connected but not connected now?

for the second, is it the same as serial interfaces?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

If the two devices are connected on Fast Ethernet ports, why would you treat the line/link up/down alerts any differenet to if it was just a PC connected to a switch?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP