1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cisco 2600 boot problems grrr!

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by kammodo, Aug 20, 2008.

1. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Hello All,
    I have just installed a 16meg memory module for my cisco 2600 to support th 12.4 IOS. I have upgraded the IOS to 12.4 via tftp through rommon and it worked fine. The image decompresses just as normal but it crashes with the message

Self decompressing the image : #################################################
    ################################################################################
    ################################################################################
    ##################################### [OK]

Smart Init is disabled. IOMEM set to: 10

Configured I/O memory percentage was too large. Using 10 percent iomem.

%Software-forced reload

Unexpected exception to CPUvector 700, PC = 0x805F5BC8, LR = 0x805F5B08

Ive tried bypassing the config reg to avoid the startup config just in case it was that , but no luck. Its a standard 2600 with 16mg flash. Ive tried using a second memory module (16meg) on my other router with the same errors.
    Someone must know what Im doing wrong!

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE
  2. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

Answered my own question here. Enough flash memory for advanced security 12.4 16meg But not enough DRAM, apparently I needed 64 megs DRAM and I had 48. Thanks for the help everyone:D

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE