Circuit City to shut down

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Someone might want to move this into the News forum... I don't have permission to post there.

For you guys in the States:

Circuit City is seeking court approval to liquidate merchandise in its remaining 567 stores: link

Loss of 30,000 jobs. Guess they shouldn't have gotten rid of their knowledgeable salespeople, eh? Horrible management decisions.

The liquidation starts Saturday, and they'll be gone on March 31.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

.....who?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. postman

postman Byte Poster

It's always the management, they come up with an idea, they are told it won't work by the staff but they just ignore the advice and carry out their ideas only to have it go badly wrong (at that point the managers leave with a big payout) and then the cycle starts again.

Same problem with Royal Mail over here, bad management decisions leading to more problems which lead to more bad decisions (and an increase in management levels to try to cope, in my office we now have a manager for every 11 staff and other offices are worse).

WIP: A+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Here, let me Google that for you... :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't resist... but I *did* say, "For you guys in the States"...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. postman

postman Byte Poster

See PC World/Currys.

WIP: A+
  6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

ah. classic.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Hey, that's my line!!!! bah wah wah wah

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  8. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Add that to the already crappy economy and we're back at a flood of IT/computer people and no jobs for them.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+