Circuit City Firedog Interview tomorrow help!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by pLuhhmm, Jun 12, 2008.

1. pLuhhmm

pLuhhmm Bit Poster

Ok I have an interview with Firedog tomorrow anyone work there or has? Also heres a couple questions I plan on asking them, What are the daily responsibilities of this job? What do you guys fell about certifications?
    BTW, this is my first job interview for anything.

Also heres my resume I plan on

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resumezn4.jpg

Certifications: 70-270 Windows XP Professional
    WIP: Net+,A+,MCST
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Just an opinion here:
    I wouldn't ask the certifications question with that wording, kind of gives the wrong impression. Ask "which certifications would benefit me most in this role?". I think it shows that you understand what a certification is all about - getting a document to show work related experience and knowledge.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yeah I agree with Sunn, it kind of sounds like your asking them if you do certs whilst working for them that you want them to pay for the training.

Reword it like Sunn says

Good luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

dingdingding! Winner! Rep given.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. volatile

volatile Nibble Poster

I don't and haven't worked for FireDog but I do work part-time at another major computer/electronics chain. This is pretty much what you'll be doing:

1. Diagnosing and fixing computers, TVs, printers, cameras, etc. Pretty much whatever they sell. Many of the things you'll end up just diagnosing or confirming the problem and either ship it to the manufacturer or repair depot. If the item is past the manufacturer warranty and has extended warranty you will ship it to a repair depot or a gift card will be issued to the customer.

2. Documentation, documentation, and documentation. You will, or should be, required to keep notes on all work orders and it would be in your best interest to keep them detailed and exact. If a customer, let's say, declines a data backup before a format, make sure you note the customer declined with a timestamp. That way when the data is formatted they can't say you didn't offer the data backup to them or did not warn them. Customers will try to work the system the best they can and if you don't document it then they will abuse you.

3. Answering technical or troubleshooting questions for customers.

4. Upselling EVERYTHING. You may just want to fix the customer's computer but your management will put heavy pressure on you to sell them every possible service you can. Whether a customer needs it or not.

5. Dealing with upset customers.

Certifications: Computer Science Degree, A+
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

My advice is to research the company and the job role, ask what common problems they face, and if you know the answer say have they considered doing such and such.

Try to demonstrate ways in which you have dealt with people, and also with the technology, at 18 they wont expect much business experience, but show them you are a keen listener, willing to learn and are hardworking.

I remember my first job interview, what a disaster, i didnt know the answer to the first question and my morale plummeted, and the rest of the interview i didnt answer stuff i did now and lost the plot.

Try not to let anything dent your confidence, be honest with what you do and dont know, and show ways in which you are willing to close the gap between the two.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal