Chuck has been renewed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Gingerdave, May 18, 2009.

1. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

For all of you who may be aware Chuck was on the verge of being cancelled after season 2, but has been renewed for a third season, if with some restrictions:

• There will only be 13 episodes
    • They have to fire two staff writers
    • the supporting cast and guest stars get less screen time
    • It all has to be done on a smaller budget.

Which while less the perfect is far better then being cancelled.

For those of you who haven't yet watched Chuck it is a brilliant mix of Spy drama with a heavy dose of comedy sprinkled with pop culture, film and sci fi references served in an hour long feast of brilliance. the basis is that post 9/11 the CIA and NSA build a main frame that takes the incoming data from both sources and looks for patterns and trends to alert them to, this database was stolen and winds up in the titular characters head, the orignal machine is destroyed. As an up shot of this he gets two handlers, one from each agency, who protect him while still trying to utilise what's in his head.

It can be seen over here on Virgin 1 and I believe Bravo as well. If you haven't watched it yet do yourself a favour and give it some time.

As you may have guessed I am a bit happy it has been renewed. :biggrin

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm pleased for the fans of this show that its been renewed - but I have to say I have now watched three episodes and can't find anything in it worth me watching any more. I've given it a good go - much more than I did with Numbers or Fringe, which are both also pants, but won't bother with it any more.

I'm about to try Lie To Me - I like Tim Roth and the premise of the show seems pretty good.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Never watched it, couldn't get into Fringe although I have tried.

I am waiting and hoping The Sarah Connor Chronicles get's renewed. THis was a series I saw as going to be complete crap and actually was very good.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Gingerdave

I read this morning it has been officially cancelled, but Dollhouse got renewed :blink

5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Dollhouse was renewed because, despite it being ****e, Eliza Dushku is the hottest woman on Earth. She could sit there for 45 minutes reading a photocopier manual and I'd watch it. :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. Gingerdave

that sir is one nice big lump of truth.

Some of the fight scenes were good. It does look like Amy Acker isn't coming back next season as she is staring in a show that has been picked up.

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Liked Fringe, Life, Bones & Castle,

The only one that has a hint of being renewed is Bones (so far 6 scripts has been ordered for series 5), the rest I have to wait for Sept to hear what's going on with them :(

Of course :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Gingerdave

Hi Ken

I know Castle and Fringe and Bones have been picked up (I was very happy about castle) and that life has been cancelled (sorry)

Look here for more info

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

bollocks :( it was a good series

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I actually enjoy watching Chuck, although I find the writing to be a bit silly at times. I'm glad to see it get another season.

11. Gingerdave

Thats why I like it :biggrin

12. jayford

jayford Bit Poster

:eek:GREAT SCOTT!!!

There are actually people that don't like Dollhouse!! WOW

As you may have guessed I am a fan of mr joss's brilliant show but have avoided chuck because, well I was just too lazy to give it a try. However I think, given the fact that terminator is dead :cry: I shall give it a look see .

Certifications: HND Computing, procrastination+
    WIP: MCITP Developer, Bsc Info & Comp
  13. Gingerdave

Dont get me wrong I am glad it was renewed I just think the show has serious conceptual problems in that the central character changes every week and when you see the "pre-active" her she is an eco mentalist-animal-rights-natzi and I find her difficult to care for (however as Zeb points out above not look at).

If I am being honest I still watch this show, other then for the visual pleasure, because Joss Wheadon is involved and realistically I think of the 12 aired episodes there were maybe 3 good ones, 2 horrifically bad ones and the rest were just ok, nothing special. I like the concept but unless something changes massivley I dont see the "back nine" being picked up next season.

Chuck is well worth a go though.

14. jayford

jayford Bit Poster

:D

I love that differences in opinion can be expressed on this forum without the ususal degeneration of the discussion into "someone" sucks for not having the "exact same" opinion as the majority or one particular individual....(Superhero hype you know who you are :()

Ahhhh, maturity don't ya just love it :biggrin

Certifications: HND Computing, procrastination+
    WIP: MCITP Developer, Bsc Info & Comp