Christ on a crutch...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Josiahb, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

My employer likes to make things difficult, just as I'm updating my CV and getting restless as all hell they give me a pay rise.... bastards.

Its really awkward though as talking about it in the office is inadvisable, this is a pay rise outside the normal salary review process in a year where everyone else has seen no movement in their pay and we've actually laid off 5 staff.

Its nice to know that my contribution is valued and that my desire to better myself via certifications etc has been recognised though!
    I'm not sure that this post has much point to it but not being able to talk about it is driving me round the bend, having to work really hard to keep a smile off my face for fear of having to explain it...

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Yeah... payrises are hell... :p

You don't have to explain it, just be happy they've given you more money - you're obviously doing something to deserve it so that's that. If everyone else is happy to do nothing progressive then more fool them!

Enjoy it! :) Buy me a pint or two if you like.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

You could always say no to the payrise if it's causing so much concern :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the payrise :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Would that it were that simple, unfortunately its a travel company so the general financial discomforts in the world are more the reason for my pay rise being the exception rather than the rule than a lack of individual drive amongst my coworkers...

I'm uncomfortable, not stupid :p

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10