Choice of elective for A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Steven, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Steven

Steven Bit Poster

Hi

Can people please put some meat on the bones for these electives; what jobs do they lead to? which is best?

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Get the Mike Meyers book as frequently suggested here. In it he goes into detail about the options.

In summary - go for 602 unless there is a very good reason to go for one of the others, for example an employer tells you.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

most people do the 602 as Harry says unless there is a specific reason to do the 603 or 604 stick with 602.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Steven

Steven Bit Poster

Cheers

Thanks for the advice; feels great to finally be able to speak with people who can offer good advice.

Just waiting for the Mike Meyers book to arrive in th post so will read up about the electives.

5. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

James Messer has a video out that covers a lot of details for the A+ certification. Kind of long (15 min.), but very informative and includes a lot of tips for exam prep.

http://www.professormesser.com/content/view/45/1/

He also has a series of free videos addressing the A+ Certification. The site is fairly new, but looks like it could be a nice addition to your training resources.

6. Steven

Steven Bit Poster

Just viewed that 15 minute clip

cheers mate

7. Professor Messer

Professor Messer New Member

BrotherBill -

Thanks for mentioning our web site, and I hope everyone finds the videos useful. I've added new videos this weekend, and I should have a total of 20 different CompTIA A+ certification training videos online in the next day or so. So far, we've created over four hours of CompTIA A+ video training materials!

This idea of creating an entire A+ video training course and providing it to the world for free is very different than what this industry has traditionally seen. Please feel free to comment on what you've seen or what you'd like to see next.

James "Professor" Messer