chinese hackers

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ant2005uk, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

Right im getting well annoyed zonealarm pro is constantly blocking hack attempts from a certain IP address, on the lookup it says something like china telecom is there anyway I can report it cus it keeps coming up over and over again on my blocked access attempts list and its been going on for the past 2 days. Whoever it is really must be out to get me because whenever im online it seems they are always trying to get me. Unless this is some sort of false alarm or theres another explanation.

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

its probably just a port scan. the hackers set up a whole range of IP addresses and scan them all looking for vulnerable PC's. they are most likely just running the program on a loop. so long as your firewall is working properly and blocking the attempts it should be fine!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey Ant -you gotta relax a bit here, m8 - these "attacks" are a pretty much constant barrage that most of us face on the net on a daily basis. As long as your firewall and AV are tight (or are Ryan :wink: ), then you'll be right. :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

hehe actually i have turned on the firewall functionality on my router finally, getting fed up customising the ruleset every time i need something, but looking to move to an ISA 2004 box for the learning curve

for the most part, people behind a natted connection shouldnt be having too much problem with hackers, worms and trojans are the biggest threat to you guys

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

The sad ****ers still doing it, but I dont care now to be honest getting bored of it. Let them have their fun they arnt achieving anything.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You might want to turn down the Alerts setting in ZA, Ant - sounds like it may be set to alert at a low level. Basically, set it to only alert for high risk threats (ie, few). Can't remember off-hand where, but it's in there somewhere.

HTH :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity