Checkpoint Courses

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by zimmy, Oct 24, 2007.

1. zimmy

zimmy New Member

hi guys, i wanted to get som information on checkpoint courses, where in london could i study the course, preferbaly east london, and what the average cost for the course is.
    i have recieved some confuzing replys on som forms and i dunno what to do. in brief, im finishing my ccna, with regard to work, what is the best next move

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi zimmy, I think you would find more useful info if you check the web site for checkpoint. On the other hand do you have any previous experience with hardware firewall etc Cisco Pix, Nokia, or Watchguard?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

With regard to work? What do you do now for work?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. zimmy

zimmy New Member

right now i am studying my ccna, which is almost finished, just my exam to take, i work part time as an sales associate at ernest jones, with no previous experience with firewall or any netowrk qualification. i finished college with btec nation in ict, i could have gone university but decide against as i thought ccna would help me find work quicker. what u guys think

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Working in the industry for 10 years, I would have to disagree. Companies will not hire an individual to do network or firewall administration if they do not have real-world experience. To get experience, you'll need to get an entry-level IT job, which has nothing to do with Cisco router or Check Point firewall administration. Therefore, the CCNA and Check Point certifications will not do you any good in getting an entry-level job. In fact, getting those certifications without experience can actually make it MORE difficult for you to get your start in IT.

I would recommend that you get the A+ certification, and get an entry-level IT job as soon as possible to start building experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. purplejade

purplejade Nibble Poster

Right said Fred!!!, spot on Boson.. I am in the same boat as Zimmy, infact I have just got my most prized possesion CCNA cert with 974, but as you said its difficult to find a job without any experience, I am almost finsihed studying N+ and A+ and will be giving exams by mid NOV.. hope that gets me started somewhere...

Certifications: CCNA N+
    WIP: A+