1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking in

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by cert_seeker, Feb 27, 2010.

1. cert_seeker

cert_seeker New Member

hi, new member here.

after not doing any certs since my 3 MCP's back in 2005 I've decided to get back into studying.

Ordered the Microsoft press server 08 and windows 7 books from amazon to start self study towards MCITP status.

Also sitting Comptia A+ soon as have been doing numerous practice exams and keep getting passing grade (no studying...just common sense answers after working as system technician for the last 5 years.)

After Microsoft, will be entering the world of network+ as a stepping stone up to Cisco...CCNA, hoping to self study that one.

Thinking of buying some lab equipment 2nd hand from ebay to fiddle with when I start but unsure what models of router / IOS to get for best practice.

looking forward to talking to you all.

cert_seeker

Certifications: MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: MCITP
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip