Cheapest way to sit exams?

Discussion in 'A+' started by cellardoor, Sep 4, 2007.

1. cellardoor

cellardoor Nibble Poster

Hello,

Are there any money off codes for these exams / vouchers or books you can buy that come with money off codes?

Do they ever do free retakes too?

Did this with a microsoft exam so just wondering if there is something similar on offer with CompTIA ones.

Cheers!

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA
  2. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello cellardoor,

There are discount vouchers out there for some of the Comptia exams, it all depends on which country you live in.

Comptia have recently pulled the plug on discount vouchers in the UK, but if you're in USA or Canada you're in luck.

If you're in USA/Canada have a look Herehttp://www.getcertify4less.com/aplus.asp

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Rafek is correct, I recently e-mailed CompTIA and they said the vouchers are now only available from the test centres so that means full price, A+ exams £110 each from pearson vue

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Thank God I sat both of my A+ exams using vouchers then, cost me about 75 quid each from preplogic, shame they've pulled the plug on that. Did they give you any reason why they've done that?

Guess i'll have to pay up for the Network+ :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No, they just said the were discontinued, and were now only available in the US and Canada

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

They had to choice. Stopping the sale of international/UK vouchers by US companies was actually done by Comptia and not the online vendors, that was the reason given by Preplogic.

To be honest, the cheapest way to take an exam, imo, is to sit the beta's (this year I've taken 5 beta exams). To be able to have a chance to sit a beta exam, sign up for the vendors e-mail shot, keep your eye's out on forums like this and keep your eyes out on individual vendors bloggs (like Trika's for MS info).

The downside to that is that you have to take the exams within a certain time period and study material is thin on the ground :(

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. cellardoor

cellardoor Nibble Poster

Oh well. Cheers all.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA