Cheap CIW Foundations Course

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by Mark L, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Mark L

Mark L Bit Poster

I've stumbled across a surprisingly cheap CIW Foundations ID0-510 course from a company called Sales 101 Ltd. £150 for a course claiming to be 112 hours long and covering all the necessary subjects (with extra self study, admittedly).

I was wondering of anyone had experince of this and, if so, is it worthwhile?

***removed potential spam link***

WIP: CIW Foundation
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Mark, I've temporarily removed the link because it could be interpreted as an attempt to spam the CF forum. I've notified the rest of the staff to have a look and make a determination. Sometimes a member will post a link to a training provider in an authentic attempt to help provide a valuable resource. Alas, there are also scam artists out their who pretend to be members in good standing, just to post spam for the people they work for.

We can't always tell the difference and so must act with caution. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

My wife tells me that if you buy cheap you buy twice!!!

Thatys why I'm always skint :p

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Save yourself £150 build a portfolio yourself and study the neccesarry subject on your own :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Mark L

Mark L Bit Poster

Fair enough, better caution than spam, any day :)

And greenbrucelee, good point, although I was looking at it as any easy, convenient way of getting an overview, to make sure I studied all the relevant subjects. Probably not worth £150 just for that, though ;)

6. Sales 101 Perry

Sales 101 Perry New Member

Hi,
    Mark spotted our CIW Foundations course and posted it. We are agents for this course which has been developed by a very well respected author and really does do what it says on the tin!

It is priced as it is because we do not believe in making an excessive profit and because whilst it is good, it is definitely a budget option compared with a classroom course.

This course is designed to help candidates prepare for the CIW v5 Foundations (1D0-510) examination, in conjunction with hands-on practice and other self-study. It is designed for Internet professionals seeking the skills and knowlege needed for certification as a CIW Associate.

It is streamed over the internet and can be done in the students own time.

It isn't a scam and i really do hope that it will be of use to your memebers. Howver of anyone wants more information they should feel free to email me ***removed email address*** or contact me on ***removed phone number***
    Perry

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Excuse me, but when were you granted free advertising rights on this forum? If you had read the R&Gs when you created your member account here, you would have seen that this is completely unacceptable behavior here. Your member name is also in violation of those rules.

I've sent you a private message to that effect and CCed the site owner. Your post in this thread is still subject to removal and any further spamming behavior on your part can and will result in your account here being permanently banned. Just because you have goods and services for sale, doesn't mean we are under any obligation at all to provide you free advertising space.

If you have any questions, you may respond to the PM I sent you.

@Mark L...we'll be glad to offer advice and assistance in your learning endeavours. As you can see from the previous post, some of the business practices of this training provider are less than courteous.

-Trip

8. Mark L

Mark L Bit Poster

OK, guess I won't be using that course, then :p

Sorry everyone for inadvertently attracting this character's attention to the forum, I'll try to be more careful in future :dry

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

No worries, Mark. Life happens.