1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie Kaufman anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by hugorilho, May 23, 2009.

1. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Went to see Synecdoche, New York the directorial debut of one of the best screenwriters (my favourite). Anyone saw it? What did you think of it? Well, I got mixed feelings about it, but I'm sure I will enjoy it more the next time i catch it. So the thing is, Charlie Kaufman can be depressing if you cannot grasp his sensibility. I mean, you have to make an effort to interpret his way if seeing the world as a f***ed up and lonely place but ultimately beautiful and worth living in it. In this movie, though he completly drowns in his own depressive self-indulgence, with all his usual themes dealing with human fears. But seeing it made wanna review one of his other masterpieces: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Call me a softy or sentimental (i proudly admit it) but this movie is BEAUTIFUL in how it portraits love as something that survives even the loss of memory. That's a good message for these hard times, isn't it?

Certifications: MCDST