Charity Fundraising - Updates and a little begging again :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Okay. So, it goes like this.

Last year I was going to cycle Land's End to John O'Groats, as I put up on the boards.

I came off the bike a cropper during training. In short, that's been put paid too, and I have a shoulder that pops and seizes up at night. It's great.

So I'm not doing the cycling any more. LEJoG hasn't been cancelled forever - I'm currently concocting a crazy plan to walk/jog it - but that's going to take a lot of planning and quite a chunk of time, so I'm building up to it by doing other events.

You may also remember that I generally raise money for my local air ambulance - the WNAA.

Well, in May last year my cousin died of SADS at the age of only 18. And in November last year someone more familiar to you all, David Easter - UCM, died of the same.

Following running tips from Leehaa and Skulkerboyo, I have been building up my cardio fitness... slowly, I may add.

This is with the intention of running a 10K in London in July of this year, as a precursor to other fundraising events. I'm running for SADS, a UK-based charity raising awareness of the condition and helping families following bereavements.

I have created a page at www.justgiving.com/dawnpeers - if any of you would like to donate, please do, I would appreciate it so much and obviously the charity welcome any and all donations. Also, if you would like to run for the charity yourself, they are looking for more people to run on their behalf - go to the 'Contact' on their website to get more info.

Thanks for reading :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. danlewis88

danlewis88 Bit Poster

Sounds like a great cause.
    Good luck with it.
    I will donate on pay day. Let us know how training goes:)

WIP: MCDST, MCSE
  3. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Done, good luck! :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

All for a good cause! :hug Will sponsor you on payday! :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  5. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

good luck :thumbleft
    having bit of a problem with the justgiving.com site even though I did donate it says it was having problems with the transfer of the donation. hope it goes through, anyone else had this problem with the site?

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

No one else has reported problems, but the donation hasn't gone through yet - sure it will, but will email them to mention the issues just in case.

Thanks everyone for your support so far :hug

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Safe to say, you have about 2 days before the donations roll in haha, god bless pay day on Wednesday, makes me want to cry with happiness because 6 weeks without pay is depression with a vengeance.

I'll put 35 in the pot come mid week.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3