Changing extensions of "multiple" files...?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mikehende, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mikehende

mikehende Kilobyte Poster

Quake3 contains 4 directories but I don't see any with an exe file. Anyway, what I am getting at here is that I am following MM's example on page 574/575 with this quake folder and would like if someone could follow it too so I would know then if it's something that I am doing wrong.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

yeah that .exe was something i made up, just to show that the dir was not empty...

btw: what are the 4 directories anyway? :blink

3. mikehende

So, can you try what's on those pages and get back to me?

4. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

this is going to be a looong thread. you know, i'm all for helping people. actually, that's pretty much the only reason why i'm here in the first place. but i really hope you don't need to be taken by the hand all the way through the mike meyers book.

don't get me wrong, i'm not telling you to shove it, nor am i urging you to stop asking questions. but self-discovery and self-proficiency are key elements when you're studying for tech certs.

anyway, i don't have the book, so i can't help you. i'm sure someone will come by and assist you.

5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Did you even read what Cheekmaster told you earlier about not being able to remove a directory isn't empty? Remove the folders that exist inside the Quake3 folder and then you'll be able to remove it....

It seems that you are having quite a comprehension problem as many times you are given the answer to your question, but yet seem to just ignore it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. mikehende

I think I have to go somewhere else with this, appreciate for the help.

7. Mr.Cheeks

PG574 - making directories
    pg575 removing directories

which part of them 2 pages are confusing you?

8. Mr.Cheeks

er "Freeloader", i think you pissed him off :rolleyes:

9. ffreeloader

Could be.... There was no intention of doing that though. However, he has been given answers several times on this thread that answer the questions he has asked and he just seems to ignore the answer given. For example you tell him that he can't delete a folder that holds files or folders and because you gave an example using a file that wasn't in the book he didn't even bother to think about the principle involved. He just ignored your answer.

I just don't see how it's possible to help someone who ignores the answer to his questions. The most you can do for someone like that is to point out that he is ignoring the answers, and then if he gets mad, well, what can you do about it? He has to be able to do some thinking on his own or he will never make it.

10. Mr.Cheeks

thats true mate - anyway, hows your leg?

11. ffreeloader

It's much better but it still gives me some problems. I've been doing some walking in the mornings and that calf feels strange after about a 1/4 mile of walking. Don't really know how to explain how it feels, other than it's it's kinda like a combination of feeling of that muscle being exhausted and wanting to cramp at the same time.

I haven't been walking though for the last couple of days though as I accidently kicked the vacuum cleaner when it was out after vacuuming the rug. I was barefooted and broke a couple of toes on my left foot this time.... :biggrin

On the plus side though I've been using a product for the last month called Limu that is helping with the arthritis and my energy levels. The fact that I've actually felt good enough to go walking at 5:30 in the morning is big improvement. We will see if this improvement continues. If it does I'm going to start selling Limu because if it can help me in the condition I've been in for the last few years it can help just about anyone.