Challenge Lab for CCNA level

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by NetEyeBall, Apr 27, 2007.

1. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

Lets get some challenge labs going!....

*edited* I thought I had one planned out but when I started working on it...I am back to the drawing board is that it isn't doing what I wanted it to do.

But if someone has some ideas of challenge labs!!!!! Lets do them!

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Why not post the lab as it is, and then we can try to figure out why it isn't doing what you want it to do? :biggrin

3. NetEyeBall

I wanted to suggest:

Taking a 4+ routers configuring them with a dynamic routing protocol of your choice. Verify connectivity. Configure a floating static route so that its administrative distance is higher then the dynamic route so that it only shows up in the routing table once the dynamic route's circuit is down. Veryify connectivity and then post the traceroutes and snap shots of the routing table.

Extra credit explain the command No AutoSummary for RipV2 or EIGRP.

I edited the post until I could work out the kinks. The issue has to be how I am connecting my routers since my dynamic routing protocols reconverged without needing the floating route. :blink :)

4. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

NetEyeBall,

Are holders of valid CCNA certificates eligible for these challenges? :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  5. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

I wonder how many active CCNA candidates we have currently on the forum. By active, I mean those studying for it right now. Quite a few people have it as a work in progress on their sig, but hardly ever talk about it.

I know of only 3 people who are actively studying for the cert currently. One of them is Wizard. Another one is a guy called Surfer_Rosa who we haven't heard from in a while. The third, of course, is Kobem.

Is there anybody else ?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I considered it after I did the Network Academy, but as I don't come into contact with Cisco products decided that it was pointless.

I wouldn't mind seeing where this goes though, since it never hurts to refresh the skills learn't.

Give me the time to seriously look into the stuff and I'd love to give it a go. Unfortunately I just don't have the time at the minute. :(

8)

7. NetEyeBall

I didn't mean to exclude anyone by the title.

Anyone that wants to create a challenge lab should do so!!!! Thats why we are here right? To grow our skills? Or anyone that wants to participate in the lab should do so as well.

8. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Well, it's an interesting project nonetheless. I'm up to my eyeballs in BCMSN at the moment. But when I'm less busy I might give it a shot.

I'd probably choose Eigrp because it's a lot more interesting than RIP.

I'll configure the two middle routers with two different sets of AS numbers and then redistribute between the two.

All participating networks will be discontigious.

I'll configure the static route with an admin distance of about a 100.

Then for comparisons sake I'll do the traceroute, show ip route and show ip eigrp neighbor/traffic/topology before the no auto-summary command and after the no auto-summary command.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  9. eghobor

eghobor New Member

i have just joined this forum. from what i see it is quite interesting and would like to be every part of it. i have also just obtained my ccna and would like to interact

Certifications: Bsc Elect/Elect Engr.,CCNA
    WIP: MCSE,CCNP