Certs

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by calitriuk, Oct 16, 2007.

1. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

hi id like some advice has anyone heard of a company called itfutures online it trains you in microsoft courses Im not sure if it is all that it says i have had a phone interview and i was talked through an online presention ll the training is done online and you pay for you own exams it takes anything up to 12 months, it just seems i can not find any information on them how can i check if they are legit

thanks

WIP: mcdst
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Never heard of them.

Have you not thought about self study you'll save £££££££££££s

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

I have but this company also give you 12 weeks of commercial jobs so you have some expereance when going for jobs at the end

4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

ah I see, I would take that with a very large pinch of salt if I were you. As GBL says self study is the way to go. It will save you a packet and show you are keen to learn things properly.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Job guarantees should be taken a healthy dose of skepticism.

Another vote for self-study, by the way...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

ye tbh im not going to do it sounds just to dodgy, thanks for replys I think im going to stick with doing my ccna and work my way up with there exams this was my first choice before i found that company,

7. BosonMichael

If you don't have any IT experience, then getting the CCNA is not the way to go, either. You'll be much better served by pursuing the A+ to start.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

isnt the A+ exam about building computers would nt i be better doing the N+?

9. greenbrucelee

The a+ isn't about building computers it shows you have a good understanding of how a computer works and troubleshooting techniques etc heres a link to the full spec of the A+ http://certification.comptia.org/a/

10. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

thanks theat helped a lot, so is it best to do self study for these and were do i get the information from im not reall good with books i like video training etc, So would you recommend A+ N+ then cnna thenwork up in cisco

11. greenbrucelee

A+, N+ then possibly a cisco cert but I think (and i'm not entirley sure) the CCNA is too much you should do an earlier cisco cert before getting that one.

But the most important thing is to get experience before going for that i.e get a job after your a+ or N+ at the latest.

You may have t do help desk jobs for a while untill you get into networking, which I asume is what you want to do.

And yes you can do all certs by self study and you can buy learning video especially for the A+ http://www.preplogic.com/products/video/view-video-training.asp

12. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

ye i want to get into network security that is the overall goal, thanks that really helped im going to look at doing A+ then N+ then entry level ccna then ccna

13. greenbrucelee

good idea. :D

14. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

sorry just a last thing do you know any north west (uk) test centres

15. BosonMichael

To get into network security, you'll have to work your way up to it, and that's by getting experience at the "lower levels" first. Nobody's going to hire you to secure a network if you've never administered one. Therefore, I would advise that you get the A+, and get an entry-level job. Continue certifying as you gain experience with the Network+ and MCDST. Only when you start getting some real-world network experience (not just desktop experience) should you begin to pursue the CCENT and CCNA.

You can do it... it will just take some time (and experience). :)

16. calitriuk

calitriuk Bit Poster

ye I know its will be a long haul, but it will be worth it, ye i will start applying for jobs as soon as i can get the beginner certs i need,

17. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

yeah just keep plugging away

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK