Certiport and ETS Announce the Development of iCritical Thinking Certification

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certiport and ETS Announce the Development of iCritical Thinking Certification Powered by ETS

New Certification Program Validating Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills in Technology-Enabled Environments Enters Beta Test Period for Slated November 2009 Launch

TORONTO--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--In response to the growing need for digitally literate workers and students with in-demand, applied ICT skills, Educational Testing Service and Certiport—the acknowledged leaders in educational assessment and certification—have developed a new certification program: iCritical Thinking™ Certification powered by ETS.

The core of the iCritical Thinking Certification program is an outcomes-based examination that can be used to assess and validate critical thinking and problem solving skills in technology-enabled academic and workplace environments.

The iCritical Thinking Certification exam measures the range of cognitive and applied ICT literacy skills aligned with the nationally recognized Association of Colleges and Research Libraries (ACRL) standards and is endorsed by the Global Digital Literacy Council (GDLC). iCritical Thinking features real-time, simulated, scenario-based exam items; a marketable certification credential; independent credential verification; and individual and group reporting.

Article: Here

I've already submitted my application for the beta exam, lets see if I get accepted :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      Sounds interesting - any more detailed info on the syllabus ?
    2. ericrollo
      ericrollo
      how do we sign up for the beta?
    3. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      I've got some info, however I will ask them to see how much I can post here :)

Don't know if it's a public beta, I was e-mail directly by Certiport.

-Ken
    4. PilmerPR Andon
      PilmerPR Andon
      I work for a company that represents Certiport. While I, personally, do not have all the answers, I believe the beta is by invitation only. When it launches in November, it will be available at all Certiport testing centers in English (other languages will come with future releases).

All public information is available on Certiport's iCritical Thinking Certification Web site.