1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

certified... what next

Discussion in 'A+' started by shadowwebs, Apr 26, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

well i am now A+ certified, now how to find a job... already have 6 years experience but is there a job agency out there that deal with people with certifications in particular does anyone know?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

Nope. Just visit cwjobs, monster and jobserve to name a few and apply for everything that you think you're suitable for.

Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL
  3. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Jobsite is also half decent, you get the chance for employers to search your C.V, generated about 4 or 5 cold calls from IT recruitment agencies for me.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  4. shadowwebs

Thanks, I have signed up to jobsite and has generated a phone call already only a couple of days later... the job was a bit too far for me to travel, but at least interest is being shown which is never bad.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. BraderzTheDog

You bet! That's how I got my job, but having said that the vast majority are helpdesk positions which I know for some may not be the first choice.

All the best and good look with your job hunt anyway! :)

6. shadowwebs

You have a lot of certs at such a young age, are we looking at a future Bill Gates upon us :)

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Get certified on the area of your responsibility and job role.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. BraderzTheDog

That's the plan! ;)