Certified Ethical Hacker

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Theprof, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

hey yall,

Just like the title says what do you guys think of this certification?
    I read a few objectives on this cert and it doesnt show anything too too crazy, I mean I find some of the stuff simillar so cisco's security cert, anyways I just wanted to know your guys/gals opinions.

Prof.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

ive looked at this one before. it looks pretty good - course-wise it shows you how to hack your system, so that as a sysadmin you know what countermeasures to take to prevent that hack being used.

Its hideously expensive though. and ive heard rumours that you need to undergo a police check before they let you take the course. Its also highly advanced - not something you can take without a fair amount on networking and server admin knowledge, so not something ill be able to sit for a LOOOOONG time.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

the rumours are true, here is an article from The Register

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guys,

The rumors are true for the degree, however it isn't a requirement for the EC-Council Ethical Hackings Course (CEH) - they do however require you to have worked in the IT security field for two or more years. For more info on this course, click here. If you were looking for an alternative ethical hacking course you may want to look here. Sec-1 do offer an Applied Hacking & Intrusion Prevention course, which I believe can also be applied towards a MSc (but that was a couple of years ago when my old manager did that course).

Both companies do require candidates to sign an agreement where they agree to respect the knowledge acquired and not misuse it in any way.

Also on the plus side, both these certificates are lifetime certs.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security