1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certification limit before re-certify?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by NorthernSilver, Oct 14, 2011.

1. NorthernSilver

NorthernSilver New Member

Is there a limit, such as 3 years for these microsoft certifications before you have to re-certify?:blink

WIP: A+
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

No there isn't. The new MCITP etc. for Vista and 7 have certifications that expire when the product reaches end of life (which is different to their 2000/2003 equivalents MCSA/MCSE etc. which never expired).

Once the product has reached EOL, arguably you should be on the new type of certs anyway.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. NorthernSilver

NorthernSilver New Member

ok that makes sense thank you, A+ 2011 only lasts three years which is why I asked.

WIP: A+
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Comptia have changed that in the last 18 months or so - before their certs would last a lifetime, now its only a few years. TBH, if I passed a qualification, no matter when it expired, I'd still be putting it on my CV - I haven't come across many people who would be fussed if one had expired or not

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  5. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

true true, my CV mentions dates that i passed certification, not certifications that are still within expiry (although they are all valid)