1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Certification for asp.NET - advice please

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Paul21, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Paul21

Paul21 New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum, so , hello to everyone!

Here is my story:
    I have been working for many years as an accountant/Systems Accountant/Project Manager. However, my company is now going to make me redundant. As part of my Systems Accountant role, I got to develop small applications is MS Access using VBA and here I discovered what I should really be doing in my life. I just love developing and programming stuff!
    Subsequently, I have got myself privately into web design and taken a low level training course in Dreamweaver. Then I discovered asp.NET which is web design plus VB (or C# depending). Heaven! So, I'm thinking - why not be radical and change careers. Get the certification and go for it. Be a man!

Only trouble is, I do not know where to start. Recruiters say once I'm qualified, I can go for graduate vacancies. That's ok, I need to start somewhere. But where do I get the training from? I do not want to waste £ks on inappropriate qualifications or doing the right quals with the wrong training providers.

In short, some advise please from people who have already been down this road.

many thanks :)