Certification experiences..

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Daniel, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Hi guys!

Well, 20 days to go until my 70-270 exam, feeling a little nervous, stressing over every little detail, but, feeling good!

Now, how was your guy's experiences of 70-270 or any certification?

Easy, hard? Boring, fun?

Pass the first time?

Myself, I've found it fun, which is a very good sign for a future in IT for me, and I've learned a lot and how to really digest the information and the format that Microsoft set out for these books, I've also come across a great forum community :biggrin!

Over to you guys 8)

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Best wishes and try to relax as you'd be alright come the day of the exam when you've started the test. Take your time and give it your best shot:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I liked the 70-270 and it was my first Microsoft exam towards the MCSE. For the exam make sure you read the questions carefully, I know that may sound daft but there is a fair amount of general text in the question which can distract you from the info you need to answer the question correctly.

Best of luck for the exam. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Thanks guys! :biggrin

Yeah, I understand what you mean Sparky, I mean, from all the questions I've done, there's a lot of stuff like

"You are the domain administrator for your company.."

Then you get to stuff like..

"Sue is trying to connect through ICS"

And thank god for prep exam Qs, it really teaches you to thoroughly read the question.

My technique is to read it 3 times, as I'm sure a lot of people use that method :biggrin

WELL!

Back to revision I go!

Cheers once again guys for your kind words! :biggrin

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Good luck!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I took the PDI+ beta exam at a test centre which was a job centre/internet cafe so there were loads of meths and thick people distracting me.

I went to a different test centre for my A+ and it was great, there were two cubicles in the room and it was sound proofed so you couldn't be distracted.

Good luck on your exam

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?