Certificate in IT for Insurance Professionals

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by UKDarkstar, Oct 16, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT (yes, that's really how we're supposed to address it now :p ) has launched a new certificate in IT for those working in the insurance industry.

It's been developed with the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) and it provides evidence of a broad understanding of the principles and use of IT in insurance, independent of any particular software or hardware platform.

For anyone interested you can read about it HERE

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. JamesStill

JamesStill Bit Poster

This is a great exam. Not only is it useful in it's own right, it also acts as an exemption for the Advanced Diploma module for the Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) - from the Chartered Insurance Institute.

It is quite a demanding exam but all the past papers are online. When I sat it 4 or 5 years ago the first half of the exam was a load of short answer IT questions (what is WIMP, network topologies etc) followed by a couple of case studies in the Insurance industry. The pass mark was pretty low (40% if I recall correctly).

If anyone wants more info, just let me know.

James

Certifications: ISEB Foundation Cert in Software Testing
    WIP: More ISEB.....
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Good to know - repp'd

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)